Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Absolutely Final Update Regarding Late Episodes and Trailers... I Hope...

As most of you may be painfully aware of by now, I have had some issues getting my latest episodes out on time. I had hoped that the last time would be the last, but unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Now, look, I could chalk this up to unforeseen problems with hardware, software and/or hosting sites, but I think it's best to just be honest with you. You see, although there definitely have been some unforeseen issues once in a while, I simply have to admit that most of the time, the delays have been because of my lack of discipline and general laziness. For some reason, it has been especially bad recently, which in turn has caused some episodes and/or trailers to be slightly or severely delayed, something I view as a failure on my part.

Now, don't get me wrong, I do not want you to feel sorry for me or to accept my failure in any form or anything like that, but I do feel that you deserve to get some form of explanation, however invalid it may be. I would also like to have the opportunity to explain what's been going on, even if no one is interested in hearing it.

Please don't misunderstand my statements here, I love doing these videos and I do plan on making more, but for some reason I haven't been able to fully figure out, I have had some serious trouble with my motivation and discipline lately. As I said, I sincerely enjoy making these videos, some parts of the process more than others, but lately I just can't seem to find my motivation anywhere. I want to buckle down and work on a given episode, but for whatever reason, I procrastinate and put it off until it's basically too late and the episode ends up being delayed. Granted, this is not a valid excuse by any means, but it is the truth.

As for why I have been doing so much of this lately, I honestly don't know. I wish I could explain my actions a bit better and give you a valid excuse for why I haven't been working as hard as I should, but I simply can't. The best I can do, is offer you a possible theory I have come up with. It might be possible that one of the reasons for my recent lack of motivation and discipline could be because I am as behind on my work as I am. I basically have to work several very long days and/or nights to get my episodes up and running even close to their intended release dates and it might be possible that I've simply burned myself out a bit and have subconsciously started feeling like no matter what I do, I simply won't be able to get back up to speed, that I'm basically falling further and further behind with an ever increasing workload, causing me to shut down, at least slightly.

Now, I now what you're thinking: Boo-freaking-hoo, right? I should just grow a pair, get my act together and get shit done, right? Well, right! I wish I could say something else, but I would have to agree with that sort of a statement, at least partially, which is why I intend to try and correct my inefficiency the recent weeks with a possible solution. I'm not a hundred percent sure that this will work, but I think I'll give it a try. My idea is this: When and If I fail to post an episode by the intended date, I will post it as soon as it's ready and if that should be more than a week later, I will post it along with the next episode. Basically, for every full week where I fail to post an episode, I will post two episodes the next week. If I should fail to post anything that week as well, I will post three episodes the week after that and so on and so forth.

I hope that explanation was clear enough and I hope that it will work. I intend to implement this "solution" throughout the current schedule at least, after which, I might start the next schedule off with a few weeks of only commentaries or such to try and catch up on my work. I'll come back to that when and if this schedule is completed, so we'll see how it turns out, but at least for now, this is what I'm thinking. As you probably already guessed, this will take effect with this weeks episode, meaning that the episode intended for release today will be delayed. I will try to get it done and posted as soon as possible, but it is very possible that it won't be posted until the next episode is as well as I have some other engagements this week which will make it hard for me to get much work done.

This "solution" will, as you may have guessed, also affect trailers, which will basically be released as soon as I can get them ready, which quite possibly won't be until after the episode itself is posted a lot of the times as I intend to focus on getting the episodes themselves done first. In any case, I hope most of you can find it in your hearts to forgive me and give me another chance as I will do my utmost to ensure that the current situation will be rectified. As always, if anyone has any suggestions for anything that could help me, the episodes and/or the site, feel free to let me know and I will most definitely take it under advisement. I, once again, apologize for my incompetence and I sincerely hope that you will continue to give me your much appreciated support. Thank you all, once again, for everything.

1 comment:

  1. Waiting in anticipation for the next episode!

    ReplyDelete