Monday, 31 October 2011

So Here's the Situation...

As some of you may already be fully aware, I have not been updating the show for quite a while. Even though I still don't have any real updates for you yet, I thought I should just give you a very quick update on what's been going on and what's going to happen in the future.

As I've stated before, part of the reason I haven't been able to update the show in a while is that I have been struggling a bit with my motivation. That is still somewhat true, although it is far from the biggest reason. You see, I've recently returned to the working world and this has, of course, taken up a huge chunk of my time as well as my energy. Granted, the job that I got was fairly temporary, but I have been assured that I will be getting more work eventually, so that will inevitably effect how much time and energy I have to spend on these episodes.

Another issue I've been having has had to do with my hardware/software. For some reason, the equipment I've been using to record gameplay has been acting up a lot lately. It used to work perfectly, but recently, it seems to not want to work. I don't know if it's an issue with the hardware itself or if it's my computer, which it very well could be because it's a gigantic pile of crap, but either way, it will not work. At least not all the time. Sometimes it works just fine, but other times, it will either not record at all, only record a very small amount or it will record but completely freeze my computer when the recording stops, resulting in the recording becoming corrupted. I really don't know what to do about this, but I do have a few options.

You see, I have been able to get a hold of a DVD recorder and so far, that doesn't seem to have any problems. However, I can only record fairly low quality videos using it whereas my other equipment can record in full HD, at least when it works. For the older stuff, this is of course a no-brainer. If the source material isn't in any better quality than what I can record with the DVD recorder, I might as well use that. The problem has more to do with the higher quality/newer stuff. With that I can either decide to just record it in a lower quality using the DVD recorder which will result in a somewhat worse final result, or I can try recording it with the HD compatible hardware and hope it works. I'm not quite sure what I'll do yet, but hopefully I will figure something out. Maybe I'll just stop using newer games for the show, but we'll see.

One final reason for the delay/hiatus on the show has been that all that other stuff and more considered, I'm just not quite sure if I want to continue doing it in the same way I have so far. I do want to continue doing the show, but I'm not quite sure how I want to do it. I've been thinking about maybe doing it unscripted all the time, but that might end up being slightly boring and/or unfunny. I've also thought about doing only voice-overs instead of both voice-overs and live-action shots. I even wondered if I should use gameplay/film clips at all and if I should continue talking about both good and bad games as well as both good and bad films of both the old and new variety. Maybe I should just do game reviews or just film reviews or maybe I should focus on older games or maybe newer ones or... You get the idea. I'm just not sure how I should do the show. Maybe it's good enough as it is or maybe I should try changing the format a bit. Hopefully, you guys can let me know what you think so that I can get some help figuring it out.

In any case, I do plan on continuing the show as soon as I've been able to figure some stuff out and get things in order. However, I unfortunately can't really give you guys a specific time as to when the show will continue so I guess you'll just have to check back on this site regularly for updates. One thing I can let you know is that the remaining episodes and times of my latest schedule can be disregarded. I know, big surprise! You might have figured that out already, but I just wanted to confirm it nonetheless. Do not take that to mean that those episodes won't ever be posted, however. They might very well be, I just don't quite know when or in what format.

So, to wrap things up, I would just like to thank everyone again for any and all support and I encourage each and every one of you to give me your opinions when it comes to whether or not I should implement any changes to the show. Hopefully, it won't be too long until the next episode, but it also might be a while. I apologize in advance for the wait and ask and thank you for your patience. Thank you all, once again!

1 comment: