Thursday, 23 August 2012

Some Quick/Minor Updates

UPDATE:

My review of the Super Mario Bros. film has now also become unavailable in the following countries:

Andorra, Belgium, France, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Guyana, Luxembourg, Martinique, Mayotte, Monaco, Switzerland

For any and all viewers I might have in these locations, please go to the following address to view the episode there:

http://www.thatgeekygamer.blogspot.no/2011/06/super-mario-bros-film-review-site.html

Apologies again for any and all inconvenience.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello, everyone! I'm sorry that I haven't been updating for such a long time, but rest assured that new episodes are on the way. In fact, that's kind of what I wanted to update you guys on and seeing as there is another situation with YouTube I wanted to mention as well, I thought I might as well do it all now.

First, let's talk about YouTube. As you're all hopefully aware of, I am currently mainly using YouTube to upload and broadcast my episodes and I intend to do so for the foreseeable future. However, due to YouTube's very strict copyright infringement guidelines, I might occasionally run into some problems. This has happened before and as some of you may have noticed, it has recently happened again.

You see, my review of the 2002 Spider-Man film was recently taken down for copyright infringement (even though in my opinion it shouldn't have been), and I therefore have been forced to use blip.tv for this episode. I have also "re-uploaded" my old trailer for this episode to YouTube to help people find the actual episode. Hopefully, this won't create any major problems or irritation for any of you, but I am sorry for the inconvenience nonetheless. Also, this may happen again in the future, so don't be surprised if more of my videos suddenly disappears from YouTube. I'll try to keep you updated when and if more of this sort of thing happens. On a minor side-note, I must also apologise to any and all German viewers I have as my review of Alex Kidd in Miracle World for the Sega Master System has been blocked in your country by YouTube. Unfortunately, this means that your only option to watch this particular episode for now is via the following link:

http://www.thatgeekygamer.blogspot.no/2011/07/alex-kidd-in-miracle-world-sega-master.html

Apologies for the inconvenience.

In any case, let's move on to the "important" update of the day, shall we? As most you probably are well aware of, I haven't updated this site with any new videos in a very, VERY long time and for this, I do apologise. However, I am currently working on new episodes and they will be released relatively shortly. Unfortunately, it does look like it will take a little bit longer than I had hoped. You see, I am currently in the process of editing, but due to my insanely shitty PC and pretty shitty editing software as well as the somewhat "unfamiliar" and slightly difficult nature of the new video formats I'm using, it does look like this process will take a bit longer than expected. I am basically using every spare minute I have to try and get things done as soon as possible, but as stated, you will, unfortunately, be forced to wait a little while longer for new episodes. I humbly apologise for this and I hope that you will forgive me. I won't go into any more detail about what else has caused the delays right now as you will get an explanation (at least sort of) eventually.

I must again emphasise how sorry I am for the ridiculously long wait, but I hope that you will bear with me and that the next episodes will be good enough to at least help make up for it. Please stay tuned for the upcoming episodes and thank you all for all of your support!

3 comments:

  1. Hey TGG,

    Haven't checked this blog in a while but I see you're not really active anymore. Have you quit for good or are things just taking a little longer than you'd like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Rambling Ram!

      No, I haven't quit for good. Things have just, unfortunately, been taking quite a bit longer than I would have liked lately. Everything should be moving a lot faster after the next update, but there will still be a little wait until that time. I do apologize for this and I am trying to get things done as fast as possible, but please bear with it for now. Thank you for your patience and support.

      Delete
    2. Ah, trust me; I understand. Well, I'm looking forward to whenever you release your new content.

      ~The Rambling Ram

      Delete