Sunday, 16 December 2012

Absolutely Final Update Regarding This Show and the New Episodes (I Swear!)

Okay, so as stated previously and as you may have noticed, things haven't exactly been moving swiftly on this site recently. I have tried to explain why in several previous posts, so I won't go into that again. However, I just felt that I should let you know about some new developments that may and most likely will affect the release dates of the next videos.

As some of you may have read in my previous post, I was expecting to get or at least order a new computer sometime in December. This expectations has since come to fruition... Sort of. You see I have been able to order my new computer although it has not yet arrived. When I first placed my order, it said to expect it sometime between January fourth and January eighth. I was fine with this and I was expecting to maybe be able to finish the new videos sometime before this, but then, I suddenly received an e-mail with an update about my order.

Apparently, I can now expect my computer to arrive sometime around December twenty-first  While this was, of course, fantastic news for me, it also meant that I would have less time to complete my videos if I wanted to get them done before I got my new computer. Now, I will, obviously, keep working on the videos even if I haven't completed them when the new computer arrives, but seeing as I plan on also acquiring a different and much, MUCH better editing software as well, I would have to start ALL over on any video I haven't completed until then. Yes, I guess I could just render out whatever I have completed and just finish it in the new software, but I do feel like it would be better to be able to start on a new project when I get the new software. That being said, there is now a very good chance that I will not be able to complete everything I wanted to have done until my new computer arrives or before the holidays. This will probably mean that there will be a slightly longer wait than previously expected when it comes to the release of the next videos. Because of this, I decided that I will divulge a few details about the next update so that you at least know what to expect and also so that you may get a slightly better idea of why it's taken me so long to get it done, in addition to the previously stated problems.

You see, from the first moment I planned this update I wanted to give you more than one simple video. I wanted to give you something more, especially since you've had to wait for it for so long. That's why I decided hat I would actually give you three videos in the next update. Actually, it's technically four videos, but one of them is "only" a rant about the delay, the problems I've had recently and some other stuff so it's not really a "full" or "real" episode I guess. That said, there have been three other videos I've had to work on and when even one video can take me several weeks to complete lately, you might understand, at least to a certain degree how I could spend so long on on this update. Oh, don't get me wrong, it's still taken WAY too long no matter what, but hopefully it's at least somewhat understandable.

Now, you might be wondering why I haven't just released these videos as I finished them and although I did consider that at times, I just felt that it would be a bit weird considering the videos sort of tie together. I guess I could've released them one by one, but that would make some of the ending and/or opening scenes and statements a bit weird and although I could've fixed that by recording new scenes or by explaining it in the post, I just felt that it wouldn't be worth it. Now that I've said that, however, please feel free to tell me if you would like me too just post them now anyway and I'll at least consider it. So far, I have only been able to complete the rant and the first of the three other videos. I'm pretty close to completing the second "main" video, but as stated before, it is taking a hell of a long time to get anything done at this point in time. I should be able to complete it before the holidays/my new computer arrives, but I most likely won't be able to get much work done on the final video before then. That's why I'm planning to hold of on starting with that one until after the holidays when I have a new computer. Now, I might be able to get some work done during the holidays, but I do want and intend to use those days for complete relaxation and enjoyment, as I hope everyone else does. Again, if I happen to find some time where I feel like working on the episode and I also have the time and energy to do so, I probably will, but I wouldn't count on it.

Just to give you slightly more detail about the episodes and so that it may be easier for you to decide if you can wait or if you want to see them as soon as possible, let me just tell you exactly what these episodes will be about. I already said that one of them is an unscripted rant, but in addition to that, there is also two top ten lists; one of the most underrated video games of all time and one of the most overrated video games of all time. Lastly, there is a video in which I talk about and/or review the Sega Master System and my games for it. The episodes I have completed are the rant and the underrated video games list and I'm currently in the process of editing the overrated video games list. When I complete that one, I "only" have to edit the Master System video in order to complete that one as well. I have absolutely no idea how interested people will be in these videos, but since you now know exactly what they are, please let me know if you would like to see them as soon as possible or if you wouldn't mind waiting.

Let me just close out this post by apologising, once again, from the bottom of my heart for the ludicrously long time it has taken me to complete these videos and I hope and almost guarantee that things will be running much smoother after the holidays. With that, I wish you all a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Joyous Kwanzaa and/or whatever else you might be celebrating, happy holidays and happy new year to you all!

5 comments:

  1. This is great news! Now go play Dark Souls and give us your opinion on it, and on that type of game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gisle,

    Great news about the completion of those videos man but I'd like to offer some friendly advice (sorry if my advice is unwanted or is getting annoying); Don't release them yet. I reckon you should just enjoy the holidays, relax and all of that jazz. AFTER the holidays, maybe release the videos one at a time across a period of time. That will give you a chance to create new content without leaving your channel inactive and thus, you won't have to burn yourself out doing too much in too little time.

    Just my two cent

    ~Ram

    P.S. Also, great news about the computer! A good PC opens up so many explorable avenues for creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are things going with your new PC?

    ~Ram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going pretty well! Thanks for asking. The new episodes should be done by about wednesday next week (February 20th) at the latest, depending a bit on how much time/energy I'll have left over to work on them from my "day-job" and/or whether or not soemthing unexpected comes up. At the very least, they should be done by the end of next week, but I'm planning on having things done by wednesday. I hope you stay tuned!

      -Gisle aka That Geeky Gamer

      Delete
  4. That's great news man, can't wait to see 'em! If you ever get the time, I'd love to know what you think of my videos btw, just out of curiosity.

    ~Ram

    ReplyDelete